Farmers Korner Veterinary Hospital is one of four local veterinary hospitals involved in the Summit County Emergency Group. The four veterinary hospitals provide a rotating 24-hour
emergency service for veterinary patients in Summit County, as well as some patients from surrounding counties. The emergency coverage rotates between hospitals and is available after
the close of normal business hours during the week, the weekends, and during the holidays of the year. During normal business hours, our hospital team will be available for to provide
any emergency care your pet may need.
What to expect when you call our hospital after the close of normal business hours and your pet has an emergency:
- The after-hours voice message at the hospital will tell you which hospital in the county is taking emergencies that night and will give you that hospital's phone number. If one of our doctors, Dr. Court or Dr. Richman, are taking emergencies for the evening the message will tell you how to get in touch with them.
- You will need to call the designated hospital and speak with their veterinarian about what your specific concerns are with your pet.
- If your pet needs to be seen on emergency, you will need to meet the Doctor at the designated emergency care hospital.
- The veterinarian who cares for your pet will fax all medical notes about the emergency visit to us the following morning.
- One of our team members will contact you to follow up on your pet's medical care needs.